Official Description (Provided by language school)
Mountain Adventure Camps specialises in providing residential summer camps and multi-family experiences in the French Alps, one of the most breath-taking regions in Europe.
Our sumer camp durations are for 10 days, with arrivals accepted from 9am every other Saturday and departures every other Tuesday until 5pm (Session 4 is for 7 days). Our camps focus on creating a home-from-home environment where children can learn new skills and develop interests as we cater to their intellectual and cognitive needs across our range of activities; enhancing skills and developing confidence.
Experience has taught us that children attending our camps thrive on the opportunity to take on educational, physical, interpersonal and mental challenges that are presented in a positive and safe environment and lead to their personal growth. As such, in 2013 the UK Government's Department for Education and Employment awarded us with the Learning Outside the Classroom (LoTC) Quality Badge. We have also been accredited by the UKâ€™s Adventure Activity Industry Advisory Committee and we have been awarded their highest recognition for providers of adventurous activities with the Adventuremark.
Every morning campers will partake in interactive French, English, Spanish & Italian language lessons followed by general sports, such as football, basketball, tennis or beach volleyball. After lunch and weather permitting, it is our aim for campers to experience the following activities during their stay:
- A 14km - 22km White Water Rafting trip along the IsÃ¨re River
- An afternoon in the trees on our High Ropes course
- Mountain walks where we demonstrate how nature helps us humans
- An afternoon of Mountain Biking
- An afternoon on the Tignes Lake, doing a variety of activities; Water Jump, Hot Jumping, Blob Jump, Pedal Boating, Kayaking, Canoeing, Stand-Up-Paddle boarding and Dingy and Catamaran sailing