Official Description (Provided by language school)
International Gateway Kelowna is Kelowna's original language school established in 2002.
Kelowna is Canada's #1 resort destination and is famous for wine, golf, fruit, skiing and watersports. Kelowna also boasts Canada's mildest climate and lowest cost of living. The best thing about Kelowna is that 95% of residents speak English as a first language compared with less than 50% in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. As a result you will learn much faster in this 'true' immersion environment!
Full and part time Practical and Executive English as a Second Language (ESL) classes begin weekly at IGK for ages 16+. Cambridge FCE and CAE certificates are also offered. IGK is an official Cambridge testing venue with excellent exam results.
The following specialty courses are also offered:
- Private Tutoring-all ages
- Youth Vacation Program for ages 8-18
- Farmstays-ages 19+
- Senior Program for ages 50+
- ESL+Agriculture and Wine Tour-ages 19+
- Bartending-ages 19+
- ESL+High School Experience for ages 12-15
- High School Pathways for ages 12-15
- ESL+ Executive Package Tour-ages 25+
- Working Holiday Support